Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

My computer froze when I was working with it and now it won't boot at all. Only the power turns on when I try to boot it, nothing appears on the screen, not even bios, no connection with the screen and I can tell that windows is not loading even if I cant see anything. I have replaced the graphic card but it didnt help and I have unplugged CD-drives, HDD, sound card, network card without any results. I can't hear any peeps from the motherboard.

What do you think is the problem, is the motherboard broke??

·
Registered
37 Posts
I suspect that you may have a problem with you power supply. Even though it still turns on it may not be pushing out enough power to run your other hardware. Try replacing your power supply first.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
another thing you can try is to bootup the computer with only the bare minimum parts which are:

power supply, motherboard, cpu, ram, and videocard. take out every components inside the computer case except for only these parts i mentioned above and then try booting up the computer.

see if this helps bring back the life of the computer. good luck

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
oh i forgot, another thing you can do is to bootup the computer with only one stick of ram, assuming you have multiple sticks of ram installed on your computer.

try clearing the cmos and taking out the motherboard battery as well and see if that helps. leave the motherboard battery out for about 20min and then put it back in. fire up the system and see if you can get it to boot. good luck again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have changed motherboard and memory. Now I can enter BIOS but I can't enter windows, it wont even start in safemode. BIOS finds the harddrives..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.