Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've build myself this computer 2 years ago. there is my specs:

- Intel 865GBF motherboard;
- Intel P4 2.4C Ghz, 800 FSB;
- 1GB Dual DDR 400;
- Western Digital 80 GB HDD;
- Brand New Alpha 420W Power suplly unit;
- Radeon 9800XT/ G-FX 5200

I bought a brand new radeon to replace my old 5200. I never had any problems with this computer since i try my new card. When i start it, it auto shutdown 3 sec later, with 4 beeps like a CPU overhaething. I've tryied this new card on a friend's AMD and it works well. I've emailed ATI & Intel but they :sleep: ...

I 've put some thermal past on the CPU, bought new fans and cleaned with air duster. Bios is update, cmos reset, i've tryied all i can do but no result :sad:

Does it can be a motherboard shortcut ? (I've screwed my motherboard right on case but still work with my old card anyway ?!? :4-dontkno )

Somebody have an idea??

Sorry for my english :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
What does your motherboard manual say for this error beep?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Probably nothing, as far as i know motherboard manuals don't come with a 'bleep guide' lol but if it does it could help. ummm what can i say? oh when it starts up do you mean it restarts after loading up windows or straight away? ive got an idea, ask your friend if you can borrow his motherboard, lol i know its a bit OTT but if it works with that then the only thing wrong must be your motherboard, dam i just realized that your Skt's will be different, ok then you will have to leave the CPU on but you should swap everthing else. Maybe you could try just finding a motherboard that is compatible with p4 and running it in that (i dont mean buy one by the way, i mean find some one with one) and seeing if it works normally or does the same thing, if it doesn't work then you have your problem but lets hope it's not the CPU because those are expensive. If it is the motherboard (and you should pray it is, believe me) then it wont cost that much to replace, around £20/$30 to replace a motherboard of that power i think. Anyone else's opinion is welcome i am just shooting in the dark as usual, thank god for educated guessing lol. Need any more help/info? just ask.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think 4 beeps generally means If there is no display then the video is faulty. If there is a display then the memory is faulty

http://www.johnrostron.co.uk/bill/troubleshooting/pcs/bios_beep_codes.htm

but if u tried it in another pc then that cant be true.
i think im havign the same rpoblem as you, im changing the motherboard but im having a bit of difficulty getting the people who i bought it off to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.