Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a young friend that brought me his puter and wants me to fix it .. I build them in my spare time but software ???
Ok It's got a amptron Mb with a 200 processor and a maxtor 4 gig HD. It worked for a year or so. he tried to fix it by reformating it using a MAX Blast Plus . the Bios seems fine I set it to Default and tuned a few things. From a cold boot it used to Run until Windows started with the Logo screen. then it would freeze. Now it is at EZ:Bios continuing startup. and Froze. a cold boot the floppy will not load Win98se setup disc and the CD will not load the Window Disc even thought both are set to boot from. I changed floppy drives and HD's anyone run into this before?? everything is listed fine in Bios. I know that many things could cause this. please give me a few Ideas. Thanks :bear: :confused: :cheers:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome, VictourB! First off, can you closer define "windows"? Are you attempting win98se or win95 or 3.11 or..............

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boot

Sorry ! Must been half asleep WIN98SE. I removed all the cards except the S3 virge and creative sound card. now It starts up and nothing comes on the Screen total Black without any beeps or any other signs of a problem. I remove the Video card and see if I can get at least the 8 Beeps. Having great luck with this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.