Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with IE timing out. When the computer is idle for 20-30 minutes I cannot get IE to run. I have to restart the computer to get back on to IE. I get notice this page is unavailable. It stas this way till I restart. Help. Bob:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Is your system running SP2 with all the updates?
Check your ethernet card settings to make sure there are no sleep/idle connection settings enabled

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[Had to have the hard drive re-formatted, at that time the people who did the work told me not to use SP-2. I downloaded Opera and it runs good no timeouts. It seems as if all the troubnles were in IE. The same people also told me not to accept any updates so they are turned off. They said I would not need the updates since most of them would not apply to me. So this is where I am at now. Would welcome any advice anyone has to offer regarding the above. Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The computer repair shop installed XP Prof on my computer replacinf XP which I originally had. They are the same people that old me about updates etc... They said I could my XP disc if ever needed on their installed XP Prof. So what I am saying is that I do not have the disc they used to install on my computer. I still have my XP disc in case that matters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.