Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed from a dial-up provider to a cable modem and now it seems everythings messed up.

Top of the list of "things most annoying Angela about her computer because she's puter stupid," is:

My graphics/pictures are all blurry.
I don't neccessarily purchase alot online but I live in BFE w/no stores so I need my internet to know where to shop for what when I go to the city (primarily because I hate to shop). Soooo....I'm looking for a door and cant really view the pictures. It looks like a picture from the movie Predator where the ugly bad dude only see's heat.
Will somebody help me if I promise to make you look really, REALLY smart?
Ang. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Hi Angela, welcome to TSF!

Since then have you made any other changes to you PC like adding new hardware of changing the software? Stepping up to broadband nromally doesn't cause image blurriness. To help us out please post the following:

Computer: Make, model.
CPU: Make, speed
RAM: Capacity, speed
ISP: Name, locale
Any recent software or hardware changes.

It may also be worth it to download a virus scanner such as AVG or Anti-Vir and give them a spin. If it really does look like Predator-View™ then something's very wrong!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I promise to try and summarize....
My computer is one that I bought from a bank I worked at dirt cheap when they were upgrading theirs and after they blew-up mine. It worked great until I got some ugly virus. I downloaded some software to try and get rid of them but there were a few I couldn't. Then, when I switched to cable TV, I got their cable internet which has a motorola SB4220 modem. Which, I was not here when the cable dude came to hook it up and the boyfriend that was here, makes me look like I computer genius. Well before hooking up to the internet, this guy that the non-computer boyfriend works with, gives me a magazine on how to FDISK your compter to get rid of the really bad virus and then everything in the computer world is perfect. So I do all that and then still cant connect to the internet because I need a network card with the ethernet port AND because I guess I was supposed to call cableone.net to have them set me up.
I get all set up and then cant link to certain links on web pages. I switch my browser from IE to firefox but now Im even slower. I tried to clean my registry and download the software but cant open it because I'm missing some DLL file. Here's some of the info that you were needing that I could find:

System:
Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition
4.102222.A
Registered To:
me
29705-OEM-0076942-03691
Computer:
Genuinelntel Pentium(r) Processor
32.omb Ram

Ram: 2.92GB
Used: 326 MB
Free: 2.60GB

and, erm, I guess I already told you about the pictures...

Just remember, it can always be worse.....sighs...
Thanks, Ang.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.