Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
click on the device manager link displayed in the upper left hand corner it will show the hosts hardware. close to the top will be the Bluetooth adapter which will hare a + next to it (if it is installed) can you post this.

·
Registered
40,729 Posts
As Jim suggested, go to the Device Manager. You should have a Blue Tooth Icon there as well as in the Control Panel, if there are any yellow flags or Blue Tooth is not listed Go to the Asus Driver page and download the Blue Tooth driver: ASUS Service | North America

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sorry for the late response. It appears your Bluetooth software and device drivers haven not installed correctly. You should see the Bluetooth adaptor under 'Bluetooth', but not the subsets of functionality under them. So, the "Headset audio gateway service" and "Intel Cetrino Wireless Adaptor" should appear under sound and Network host categories respectively. I don't even see a Bluetooth radio/device listed, just the Bluetooth facilities.

I don't know why this has happened, but clearly this is part, if not the complete cause of your issue.

When doing a new build I always recommend installing the hardware drivers first and particularly the chipset drivers before anything else. Upgrades are a little more trouble but something has gone wrong... sometimes stuff just happens. Disable the Bluetooth from BIOS then COMPLETELY uninstall all the Bluetooth software. Download the latest Bluetooth driver software etc (though I believe you have already done this).

You will need to reinstall the Bluetooth adaptor and software. Some devices are very particular about the order in which this is done. Some will say plug-in/enable the adaptor before installing, some (most I have encountered) will say load software first. The results can vary from making no difference at all to being almost disastrous and require a restore/rebuild to fix the issue. If you have documentation check but at any rate, I advise you create a windows restore point. Run the Bluetooth software installation then reboot and enable the Bluetooth radio from BIOS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Jimscreechy
i will give this a try.
As far as i know the bluetooth radio is combined with the Wireless radio device,which sounds like trouble to start with.
How do I go abou tdissabling the bluetooth from the Bios?

·
Registered
40,729 Posts
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals, look for Blue Tooth, and if it is enabled, using your Enter key and your arrow key, Disable it. Save and Exit. After restarting, Go to Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Programs and Features uninstall all of the Blue Tooth software. Restart computer. Boot back to the Bios and Enable Blue Tooth, Save and Exit, After restarting go to the Asus link in post # 3 and download the Blue Tooth software again and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The Bluetooth radio and the Wireless are usually physically different hardware devices, but are normally (by default) enabled by the same switch/keyboard combo on your laptop. If you go into the BIOS, somewhere in the hardware/system configuration you will usually find a setting that will say "control Bluetooth with wireless switch" or something along those lines, but it is ok to just leave this alone if it works for you. We are not trying to change how we control the Bluetooth device, we are trying to turn it off in hardware. 'Usually' the switch doesn't actually remove or 'disconnect' it from the hardware, which is what we want to do here, the switch just turns the device off while it remains recognised by the hardware so will still appear in the device manager. So, leave how the Bluetooth is controlled ie by the switch, but disable Bluetooth.

However! If you Bluetooth and wireless ARE in the same device, (I've not come across this but I'm not say this is never the case.) then just disable this device in BIOS.

I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok HAve done as suggested
Dissabled Bluetooth in bios (eventually)
uninstalled and manually reinstalled bluetooth driver software from asus.
Ended up looking exactly the same...
Tried again but this time updated driver through device manager.
looks a bit better but all the other stuff, headset gateway service etc are still there if I show hidden devices.
Bluetooth still not working.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
This definitely sounds driver related. You have said you updated to the latest drivers, were these from the Manufacturer website or was this done via Windows update or some other update manager?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I can't see who the manufacturer of your Bluetooth radio is unfortunately. But you could try reverting to an earlier incarnation of the driver and see if this helps. Or see if you can get a later driver at the manufacturers website. Also, it is always a good idea to try the Asus support or forum as they may have encountered this issue previously and know a fix for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.