Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bluetooth mouse has always given me trouble. The first one was actually defective and Microsoft replaced it. This next one works, but it does not always connect right away. Sometimes I need to call up "My Bluetooth Places" and click "View devices in range" or open the mouse properties before it will start working. Or sometimes I turn off the wireless radios and start them up again and then it will work. On rare occasions I just have to wait 2 or 3 minutes and then it will spring to life. Sometimes it stops working when it has been working for a while and then I do the above stuff and it eventually comes back to life. Until recently, it has worked most of the time, it always works after a few minutes, and these little frustrations have been tolerable.

A few days ago, the mouse stopped appearing in "My Bluetooth Places." In the past, clicking on "View devices in range" has discovered it, but now I get the message "No local bluetooth device was detected." The first day, the mouse just started working anyway, even though I was still told "No local bluetooth device was detected." The last couple of days though, the mouse refuses to work. Bluetooth is one of the aspects of computing I understand the least, so I would appreciate some thoughts as to what is wrong. The mouse is reporting good battery power. I am not aware of any modifications to my system or new programs installed recently.

Details:
ThinkPad T60 (bluetooth integrated)
Windows XP SP3
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.