1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My computer is the Gateway 4520gz laptop. The specifications are located here:
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/4536GZ/3727sp60.shtml

I have recently been getting a blue screen that reads as follows:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this error restart the computer. If it appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware of software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need, to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x00000001 (0x02F25000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x02F25000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
The blue screen comes up basically all the time now. At first, it only came up every so often. It is kinda weird though because the blue screens come all the time when my computer is plugged into the power outlet, but comes FAR less when it is not plugged in. I assume that it is becasue of my power save settings. When my computer is plugged in and is not doing anything, it rarely gives me the blue screen.

I have already tried to do this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810093&sd=RMVP
I have also tried some other things, but they have all not worked.

Thanks in advanced for the help.

· Registered
1,307 Posts
For starters, boot from your XP CD, select the option to repair a Windows installation using the Recovery Console. Follow on-screen instructions to log on to the console, then run chkdsk /r. If that doesn't work get back to us.

· Manager, TSF Articles
38,787 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.