Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm having some trouble with my system and i hope i can get some help here.

The problems started about 2 weeks back. I was playing world of warcraft when i suddenly crashed out of the game and received an error message, "error 132, memory could not be "written"". At first i thought it was a random bug, but they started happening more and more frequently. Sometimes it's "memory could not be "read"" as well.

I also started having alot of trouble starting up the system from "cold", meaning after a night of being shut down. When starting up, my pc will sometimes restart halfway through the startup process. It also sometimes freezes at random points. Sometimes i reach the desktop but the taskbar at the bottom fails to load, is unresponsive, or just a blue bar across the screen.

I also received multiple BSODs, both during startup and when the system crashes during normal use. The error messages i get are:

"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

"MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS"

"BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

Also, firefox has been crashing quite frequently, most often when i'm playing youtube videos. Not sure if that's related to the problem or some fault with firefox itself.

Looking through the system event log, i'm getting:

"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation." - This one occurs extremely often.

"Error code 10000050, parameter1 81574c4b, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 81574c4b, parameter4 00000000." - only one instance of this in the error log so far.

I have attached a zip of my minidumps.

Thanks for reading, hope i can get some help with this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

run
chkdsk /r /f

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/23/2008, 21:38:22
Machine name: TEO
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
System Model: RS974AA-AB4 SR1960AP AP680
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/07/2006 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 531MB used, 2133MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Not too sure how to check the powersupply and such.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Error 132 would seem to be a memory problem but there's no way to tell which kind of memory. That you are getting the non-paged memory errors would seem to indicate ram and not virtual memory. Some people recommend finding out what the voltage is supposed to be set at in the BIOS for your ram and making the adjustments (if your motherboard's bios allows that). Other folks say just go out and buy the very best ram you can afford. Apparently WoW beats the ever living snot out of ram so it had better be good ram. And lots of it(and it looks like you have enough). Even if the ram tests out fine with memtest (one stick at a time) it may not be up to snuff for WoW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But these problems only started recently, i've been playing wow for over a year with no problems, only 2 weeks ago did these issues start occuring. I have checked the BIOS and it does not allow me to alter the RAM settings. I was advised to lower the ram voltage, but that seems to be impossible for me to do.

·
Registered
158 Posts
But these problems only started recently, i've been playing wow for over a year with no problems, only 2 weeks ago did these issues start occuring. I have checked the BIOS and it does not allow me to alter the RAM settings. I was advised to lower the ram voltage, but that seems to be impossible for me to do.
Was there a patch issued a couple of weeks ago?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, i'm pretty sure there wasn't. I'm starting to think i'm going to have to either change my ram, or junk the pc because the harddisk is going to explode soon...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The memory, is it 2x1024mb or 1x2048mb? if it is 2 strips, try removing 1 and running the machine as it sounds like a ram error to me. If it still fails take the one in, out and put the other in and try that.

Another couple of things worth trying, are:

1. going into the bios, and selecting "load bios defaults" (or similar) as after a google mooch, this seems to have worked for some other WoW players.

2. try updating your graphics drivers as this also can cause the above suggested fault

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is running 2 sticks of 1024. The problem is that the crashes most often do not occur immediately, or by any pattern. My pc will sometimes crash after 5 minutes, sometimes after hours. so i have no way of knowing whether or not the particular ram stick is faulty. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia drivers, but that did not solve the problem.

Could someone help debug the minidump and see if it points to a ram failure? if so, i will go out and get a new pair of ram sticks. But i don't want to do that without knowing for sure it'll fix the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.