Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!
I have a Dell Demension 4700 which was working fine and just recently starting having a blue screen of death pop-up, then I realized it only occurred when I was running Windows Update. It trys to install IE7 along with a bunch of other hotfixes and it goes to the blue screen with the following codes.

0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XEE940928, 0XECBFAA28, 0X00000000)

Can anyone assist me if figuring this problem out??
Thank You!! :wave:
jarretche

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The BSOD only occurs when attempting to run Windows Update. No changes have been made to the system Hardware or Software... I've run Ad-aware, Spybot and Regseeker to help with this issue and it cleaned up ALOT of stuff and helped with making the PC run better, but as soon as I run Windows Update it starts then crashes with the BSOD. So for now I've turned off automatic updates until I can figure this out. HELP!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've already tried removing IE7 and running the remaining hotfixes and it still crashes with the BSOD... Is there any sort of utility I can run to determine what's causing the issues? Any other ideas?
Thank You for your quick replies!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I ran the command suggested and I think It must be related to the DLL cache ..since I ran the sfc /scannow it asked me for the cd which I put in and it states my CD is the wrong one. I have XP pro with service pack 1a. So it could not find the DLLS needed for SP2. It would ask me to skip the file which I would do and then it did that at least 50 or so times.... Is there any way to get the DLLS... it did not show me which DLLs i needed. It kept having me cancel out of the it but the bar continued on... and finally i just quit out of it... HELP!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK I've tried everything you've asked registering the DLL's and I still got the BSOD.. The registry entries were not in my registry. I also tried Kalim's solution and that did not work either... I tried installing 1 hotfix from Microsoft's website manually which I downloaded and as soon as I execute the EXE it BSOD. I even updated the FLASH bios on the PC to DELL's newest version for the PC and I still get the BSOD.. any other suggestions??
I really appreciate the help by the way!!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK I ran verifier.exe and it asked me to reboot for the changes to take effect. After I rebooted the system started to loop on the boot and it finally stopped and said that windows had a problem and gave me the option to start in safe mode... I chose lsat known good config and I was able to get back to be able to logon again... Any other suggestions?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't heard back from anyone for a couple of days on this problem and still cannot get Windows Update to work.... Should I be calling Microsoft at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.