Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I moved my old hard drive (it's an ATA/100 5400RPM 80G Seagate) onto my new mobo, and after BIOS check, it becomes a blue screen that tells me:

Check for viruses on your computer, remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drives controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK \F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Informations
***STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF79AE528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
I even tried Safe Mode, it just won't go to the Windows XP loading screen. Instead this blue screen pops up.

My hard drive is from my old SONY VAIO computer, could it be SONY who set the hard drive so I can't use it on any other mobos? What can be done to fix this?

P

·
0 Posts
You would have a problem if you try to run a HD with an OS on it on a different motherboard. You need a new OS installation or a repair installation of the OS system at least to be able to use the new HD on a different motherboard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if I only have the system recovery disks, and it doesn't work because the disks won't recognize my new PC...

P

·
0 Posts
I would slave this HD and get as much data out of there. You will need a copy of windows ( which you legally should be able to get since you bought a new motherboard. ) and do a fresh installation of your OS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so that means I HAVE TO format the HD for the new mobo to work along...

I wonder if the Windows XP Home Edition product key on the side of my SONY VAIO work if I borrow an install disk from a friend...?

P

·
0 Posts
As I said you can do a repair installation too. If it is not corrupted already it can work. The best way is to reinstall the OS.

You have the product key and it is legally yours. Since you own the product and since you bought a new motherboard too there is nothing wrong with that. Usually during activation i have to call microsoft and answer some questions in order to get it activated in some cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.