Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not very savvy with computers but at least Im smart enough to know that something is really wrong when an ominous blue screen pops up telling me that my physical memory is getting dumped.

It all started 2 weeks ago. I would go on google and click on my search results, but instead of getting where I wanted to go the browser would redirect me to another site. I'd have to click the back button and the link again up to three times until it finally gives me the page I wanted. I then downloaded Spyware Doctor and performed a system scan to see what was wrong and it turns out there was a "trojan.adclicker" so I thought okay simple, just remove it and everything will go back to normal but I was wrong ::normal:! Everytime I would restart my computer the same trojan would reappear on my scan results :eek:!!

After days with the trojan still hiding somewhere inside my computer I tried reinstalling my firefox in hopes of finally getting rid of the virus but instead my computer wouldnt let me re-download it from its page, including anything else I'd try to download off the internet (download window would show its downloading but after downlaod finishes nothing happens). I then clicked System Restore and rebooted my system to april 13, 2009 but before restarting a blue screen appeared then disappeared very quickly as my computer rebooted. At that moment I froze in fear because that was the same blue screen I saw on my last computer before it got so bad it couldnt be used anymore.
So when I logged back on everything became slow like my last computer, but still not as bad because the internet along with other programs still worked but everything would occasionally go into non-response mode including the internet. I then opened google earth to see if it would work and thats when the blue screen appeared again then my screen turned off with my computer's power still on.

And thats how I ended up on this forum hiding behind safe mode in hopes of finding a solution. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated. I just got this computer last month and I really dont want to see it gone like my older one:sigh:....

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Hi -

I feel as if this is more of a Virus removal thread, could you please post this thread here for further information and better help since we here at Microsoft forums aren't too virus savvy.

Also, when you're posting there, refer to this guide as they can be picky.

Have a good one!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.