Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this blue screen 7f error when i play battlefield bad company 2. it happens every so often and is really irritating. Any help would be much appreciated. Any files needed, just ask for them and i will get them to you. i don't know how to read the dump files.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
1,835 Posts
Re: Blue Screen of death error 7f

I would suspect your video card or your RAM. With the video card, it could just be the driver, but could also be the hardware.

What is your systems configuration? Please include brand and wattage of your power supply. If you don't know, and it's not a custom build, the make and model will help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Windows 7 32 bit
Intel I7 860 overclocked to 4GHz
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
HDD: 80Gb Corsair SSD for OS and 640Gb Western Digital Black for everything else
Graphics: EVGA GTX 580

I have tested my RAM with MEMTest 86 and everything passed. I have the latest 580 driver installed. I did not know if their was a way to test the graphics card, other than swapping it out. If you need the dump files i can send them to you.

Thanks for helping

·
TSF - Enthusiast
1,835 Posts

Does your MOBO have onboard graphics? That might not be good enough for the game though and since that's where you're seeing the problem... If not, then yes, the only way to really test is to swap the card.

You also may want to look at your temps. If the CPU or graphics card is overheating during the game, that could cause this as well. If you haven't, use a brush and some canned air to clear all the dust on the fans and the heat sink on both. Don't remove the heat sink when you do this.

Did you build this machine yourself? If so, which thermal paste did you use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes I did build this myself. My MOBO does not have onboard graphics. I use the 580 for all graphics and it does not happen in other graphics intensive games. I used OCZ OCZTFRZTC Freeze Extreme Thermal Conductivity Compound for my CPU. My CPU Max temps while playing the game range from 66-69 Celsius in the cores and my graphics max temp was 85 Celsius. My case is clean i dust it out every month and i have filters on all the fans that are pulling air into the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts

TheGeneral is my roommate. He didn't get BSOD's until he replaced the GPU and installed new SSD's. I told him to swap out the card with a spare GTX 260 I have but he refused.

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Micros
4,378 Posts

Try updating Direct X or uninstall/reinstall. I could only run 1 dump file but it was pointing to a Direct X file.

·
4,378 Posts

It was the last dump 4/14/2011 @ 8:02. I think the error in reading the other 2 is software/symbol related on my end.

·
4,378 Posts

Also, just thought of this. Make sure the Direct X requirements of the game match the capability of your card and the version you install.

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts

2 dumps had bugcheck 0x101 = CPU hang

Info on 0x101 - http://www.sevenforums.com/356791-post5.html

You have old version Kaspersky Internet Security installed - remove it - KIS Removal - sysnative.com - MVP

Update -
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]Rt86win7.sys Thu Aug 20 12:04:54 2009 (4A8D7426) - Realtek NIC [/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Console]RtNdPt60.sys Mon Dec 10 21:50:18 2007 (475DFAEA) - Netgear GA511[/FONT]
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#Rt86win7.sys

http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#RtNdPt60.sys

The other BSOD was video related as mentioned by Fred Garvin

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts

One other item . . .

You are overclocked; o/c ratio = 1.43