1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got this error on start up and it blue screened

BAD
STOP:c0000221 {bad image checksum}
the image olesvr32.dll is possibly corrupt do you know what this means?

should i:
do a repair install?
or is there another way

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did a repair install and it all went smoothly until i went to reboot after. it went to a really small windows splash screen i have no idea waht this means any one know??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright i got passed it and i got signed on to windows xp home. but now it wont let me install updates it just says everyone is failed... anyone know why?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes it is. the only thing that wont work is where i have to update to SP2 and update my compter. they fail every time

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Start>Run>type: services.msc and hit enter.
Make sure the Automatic Updates service is "started" and set to "automatic".
Also make sure the Background Intelligent Transfer Service is "started" and set to "automatic".

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nothing worked, and i dont want to risk screwing up my xp disk by slipstreaming. any other ways i can go about getting myself back up to date?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
you will not mess up your original disk the slipstreamed one will be a new one you will only be copying the files from the original

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright. well aside from that i also need ot get automatic updates fixxed so i can get and updated computer. i try to install new updates and they both fail instantly. anyone know why this is?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright, i did that but i got these errors on repair install:
Can not copy the file migregdb.ex_
" " comexp.ch_
" " hypertrm.dl_
" " sqloledb.dl_
" " icwconnl.ex_
" " phone.ic_
" "filelist.xm_
" " HscUpd.ex_

·
Registered
528 Posts
You might have bad media. Check for fingerprints or scratches.

You seem to have had a little difficulty slipstreaming SP2 with windows. You might want to start over (again) with that project. The websites that dai gave you are good but here a couple of others:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

or

http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm

They are all pretty much the same. My two are just slightly different ways of showing you how to do it. The end result will be the same. Once you get the slipstream figured out you'll be glad you did it.

Lydokane

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got it all slip streamed. but hten when i rebooted it loaded everything and said file ntfs.exe is corrupted, should i try a diff. disk maybe this one is scratched, or should i try to clean this one

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.