Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running firefox with nnscript (but on regular settings) and trying to go to download some stuff, and the websites might have been on the untrustworthy side. But not sure, all I know is I went to a bunch of them and downloaded 1 file but pretty sure it's legit because i had the file before and file size matched exactly. Must have been the websites or something else. Anyways:

Error was Stop 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 089E9FDAO, 0x89E9FF14, 0x80605628). I heard that you can identify the process that's being terminated based on these error codes, and also the terminating process. But not sure if you need the minidump or not to do that. If so, I don't know if I can get the dump because i don't think my settings in the startup and recovery, are set to do a complete memory dump, i think it's just set to the lowest one at 64k. And I can't get into safe mode to change it. Any ideas on what to do? I don't want to format, so it's like i'm looking to just eliminate the source of the problem after identifying it, or just do a reinstall of windows xp if that doesn't work.

As far as any recent changes goes, I did install a recent program, UTwarpix, it's some anti-cheat protection for Unreal Tournament, and it crashed my computer not to long ago. But i don't think that it's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*bump, okay i've done a million scans for viruses and chkdsk for disk errors. And even tried unplugging stuff and lowering memory speed. Pc still doesn't work. I tried an older harddrive and it worked, so it's definitely a problem with windows. But i can't do a repair install of windows xp, it blue screen right after copying files. So i'm stuck here.

Anyway to do a repair install in a different way, maybe just a way to replace all the necessary sys or driver files with the correct ones? :\ i really don't want to format.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.