Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems similar to this post
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?p=276830#post276830

After a couple miniutes of graphics intensive gaming (ie Civ 4, Swat 4, Empire Earth 2) I will get multiple GPU recovers folowed by an ATKDISP blue screen.

It doesn't only happen with gaming, however. On occasion, after left dormant for some time, it will stop sending video to the monitor altogether. When I continiousally click my mouse and press the keyboard, I get a short beep from the motherboard speaker. It doesn't even have to be left alone on occasion, sometimes it does it when I am opening stuff on windows boot.

Checking the event viewer, I get:
The driver atkdisp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

I tried the resolutions mentioned by the aforementioned thread, but in reinstalling windows, the same thing happened in mid install! The monitor stopped responding and I got the beep. My roommate suggests its video shadowing, though I'm not sure where to look for it
Sorry for the long post.

System Specs:
Asus A8V-E Deluxe motherboard Bios: Phoenix (MB name) Revision 1009

Asus EAX800 XL radeon graphics card driver: ASUS ATI VGA card driver version 8.183

AMD 3000+ CPU, socket 939

1GB kingston DDR 400 dual channeled

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

did, uninstalled the drivers completely, reinstalled with ATI catalyst, still problems, but now the program crashing is ati2dvag

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm nope. It has to be either a hardware issue, or a bios setting

I'm still working on it, but im gonna try reinstalling my chipset drivers
then play with bios?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.