Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im a noob here. Having a wireless crisis atm. I can only connect to ONE wireless network out of about 20 available. Not one at a time, just one period. I could connect to all the others just fine up until a couple days ago, after the latest windows update. I can pick up the other networks and their signal strength, but as soon as i try to connect, it says unable. Whenever i go back to my original connection it works fine. I have an alienware m11x, all my drivers are up to date and appear to be working normally. Im an air traffic controller in iraq, and i transport my laptop from the tower back to my conex box where i sleep, so the range of networks i see changes every 100 yards or so. Up until now, i could connect to any of them. Thanks if you can help. I also unistalled all my wireless devices and reinstalled them with the proper drivers, still having the same issue. Norton hasnt found viruses or anything malicious, and ive defragged the registry. The computer is also in somekind of power management mode where it runs on auxilary power only (not battery) because i have it plugged on 220, but this has been going on since way before this wireless bs. Yeah i know, shame on me, i should get a transformer. I also changed my network adapter properties to work on max performance regardless of power configuration. Oh! I also had a dream that i was hitting my computer in the dark trying to make a song stop, and now im not so sure it was a dream... I cant connect via wired connection because its not an option out here. Ive resorted to posting here via my iphone...a whole new level of frustration. Thanks again anyone who can help.
Oh yeah, ive tried to do a system restore, but no luck, it wont accept any back up point due toerror code 0x0000002... I dont have my sytem restore disc out here let alone an external disc reader since the m11x doesnt have one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.