Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm new here, I signed up because I reckon you might be able to help me out, so here goes!

Ive been running Messenger Plus! Live for quite a while now, its an add-on to Windows Live Messenger (im running 9.0BETA) but is still a separate application when it comes to programs & features.

Up until this morning it was running great, had been for a while, then it simply refuses to start with Messenger. I was about to uninstall and reinstall it using Progs & Features when I noticed that it's icon in the list has a small red circle with a line through it attached to the icon - a blocked icon?

I wonder what this means (since it could technically happen to anything else as well) and how I might go about rectifying the problem.

Hope you can help

James

·
Registered
110 Posts
ok.. when you tried to un-install the application what error does it come up with ?? Some time if a program is manually deleted from the installation location, it may look like that ICON, so try to un-install the application and post if any error it comes up with :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't come up with any error at all. It installs/Uninstalls perfectly. It simply wont work when installed. I tried cleaning out my registry too to purge it of anything that might be causing it to be blocked and yet it remains that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive just recieved news that this is part of the normal icon for Messenger Plus! Uninstall. It was part of the new version & didn't know.
So then, the question becomes. Why does it refuse to work!?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Its a Beta Product !!! so problems are expected to come up... Did you report back to Microsoft Connect about the problem ?? as may be its a BUG, please browse the Connect web site under your testing section you may find frequesntly reported problems see if its there too or not...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not. 4.50 of Messenger plus! came with the compatibility for Messenger 9.0BETA and two of my other friends (who have the same version I do) are using messenger plus! fine on it,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive tried uninstalling - restarting - and reinstalling. All went smoothly with no problems and it intergrated itself with messenger. But still it does not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.