Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my computer (an emachines e360) won't turn on, however when the AC power supply is connected the power and processor lights blink violently! And the power supply's fan spins.

Its confusing but the computer won't actually turn on when I press the power button.

If anyone out there knows my problem, can you please help, Thanks.

The entire spec can be found at: http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={13a76a95-642b-4b1e-b82e-ad61d277ea57}&CatID={b521134f-7427-46b9-962a-a9e0299a2e55}

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
It would seen that you display is defective or the lighting for the screen does not work. If you have a spare monitor, you can connect it to see if the computer indeed boots up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already did that and the other moniter did not turn on either. I'm not quite sure what exactly the problem is but could it be the CPU fan? Because my PC does not turn on! The processor & power light just flashes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, my screen does not come on at all!
How are you even allowed to be giving advice here?

*His computer is not turning on *

It says it right at the top. He's talking about The power light blinking - not the HD activity light. Many computers have a light that turns on when the computer is on. His computer is not on, yet the light is blinking. This means that power is not going where it should be. (he'd be able to hear his HD spinning and all the other nice sounds if his computer was ON.

Sorry Macko, but it seems this is a hardware issue related to POWER, most likely a problem with the motherboard or the power supply. Not a monitor that needs to be turned on (rolls eyes).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.