Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
I am sure there is a corruption caused by Mcafee. You may need to manually remove Mcafee to remove more entries then regular uninstall method.

remove mcafee registry entries with this

And uninstall once again. Make sure you delete all the files in program files folder.

Then think twice before reinstalling. I stronly would recommend to use avg or avast as antivirus. They are free and they are not resource hogs. There is no best if we are talking about antivirus softwares. These two free antiviruses work just as good as others. They are not annoying. I would install one of those instead of reinstalling mcafee.

Let us know if you decide to uninstall - clean the registry and reinstall Mcafee and your problem persists.

Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found out how to fix it! It will not require un/reinstallation or even a reboot! The McAfee Interface uses a web script. You internet settings are blocking it. Go to control panel -> Internet Options. Then go to the "security" tab and make sure "Internet" is selected. Choose the "custom level..." button. Scroll down to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section. Under "binary and script behaviors" switch it from admin approved or disable to ENABLED. This should fix the problem! Hope it works for others, too =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.