Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently replaced my CPU cooler as the cores were running disgustingly hot (75-80c). Before I removed the old CPU fan the pc was booting fine. The new unit is a gigabyte g-power, because im running a 775 it requires the board to be taken out for mounting. I got the bad boy mounted after some swearing and head scratching and put the rig back together. Now I am getting a black screen and no post. After reading some useful stuff on these forums, I tried the following:
i) removing all cards and booting
ii) running with only one stick of RAM
iii) isolating new CPU fan
iv) isolating everything bar RAM and power supply
v) double checked all wiring and jumpers from mobo user guide
When I turn the machine on I get no beeps, no post and no activity from monitors. The power supply seems to be running the cpu fan, graphics card and chassis fans (as all fans are spinning). I am thinking the mobo might be the problem. But any advice would be appreciated!
My specs are as following:
Processor: Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
RAM 4 x 1GB Corsair
Mobo: Asus p5n-e sli
Graphics Card: Asus 8800GTX
HD: 500GB SATA2 Samsung
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster

Thanks for your time guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, thanks for your replies. i managed to sort it out. reseated the cpu fan and this seemed to fix it. although i am a little confused as to how a dodgy seating could have caused no monitor activity? back up and running again though. cheers for your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks dai, that's helpful.
Although my system is back up and running. I seem to have created a new problem. I have lost power suddenly (twice) in the last 24hrs. I get a really brief blue screen (which I don't have time to read) and then everything goes dead. These are the speedfan readings currently (idle).....

The power source is Colors IT 600W:

http://www.aone.co.uk/ProdInfo.ASP?ProductID=1041

Any ideas what could be causing the seemingly random drops in power? Just before dropping I was starting a .avi file in WMP and the most recent drop I was doing some work in a 3D app.

Thanks again for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.