Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a HP Pavilion ZX5000 that I've had for about a year and a half, and is out of warranty. The power jack went bad and I dismantled the laptop and removed the motherboard to replace the jack. When I put it all back together, the computer turns on and the LCD lights turn on but there's nothing on the screen. I completely dismantled it twice and the problem still occurs. I've tried using another monitor and that didnt help either. The wireless card looks as though it may not be inserted all the way, but I cant get it in any farther. Could that cause the screen not to work? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only cables coming from the monitor are two small ones that connect to the wireless card, and one wrapped in tape. Though I cant see the wire inside the wrapped one, I think it's okay, all I did was unplug it. If that was the problem, an external monitor would have worked, right?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The external monitor may not work due to the fact that some machine require the use of a function key to allow external support. Since you said the monitor wires run into the wireles card and it appeared to be lose I would suggest you check all the connections around it and see if you can get everything back the way it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.