Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, recently, I've been having this problem:
Whenever I use websites that displays videos, namely youtube and watching series online, my screen just goes completely grey after loading the page. As in, the page would show up, then disappear to a screen of grey as shown:

link: http://img32.imageshack.us/i/internetexplorery.jpg/

As far as I recall, I haven't changed any settings or anything.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have been having the same problem, just since Oct. 7th. As far as I know, nothing has changed on my system. I am using FF 3.5.3. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue, but only at certain sites, for example gta4.net or youtube.com, but not google.com

it's pretty annoying, does anyone have a solution for it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a new issue to me! It only started a few weeks ago. I have uninstalled firefox completely from my laptop. I even removed all plug-ins and profiles yet I have the same issue. This is especially troublesome when I am editing my web site or viewing videos in You Tube.
I am a web blogger and spend hours on my blog and the internet working with a variety of web pages. The only way I can keep this from happening is to operate in Safe Mode.

I sure hope someone figures out this glitch soon. I would hate to think that I have to switch back to IE.

Come on guys this issue has been going on since September of 09?
I'm sure everyone is not having this issue but a few of us are!
My Desktop does not share this same problem but I am using XP on that!

Thanks,

Rivenmaster

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm glad to see (not that I am glad people are having the same problem) others having the same problems. For one I am sick of seeing the following: Uninstall, save profile, its the add-on (I don't use any other than adobe, flash - nothing user made), its your firewall..its NONE of these things! I have done all the corrections suggested. ITS FIREFOX's issue. They need to fix this.

If first started out with the extremely slow loading pages, so I fixed that. Now its the constant spinning page loading wheel and then blank page with either "done"or stopped" at the bottom. It seems to do this after looking at several pages then just starts acting up. MY history is clear, my cookies are all taken care of, my cache is fine. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, checked proxy settings on and on it goes and it still does it!

Does anyone have an idea when they will address the issue ? So far all that has been suggested by FireFox is that its everyone else's fault hence all the fixes that are suggested. I am to the point of switching - who has time for this? This started with the new update to 3.5 on XP NOTHING has changed on my computer which tells me its Firefox's update issues, tho I did notice it off and on with the old version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! I found a solution to my problem! I'm not sure it will help all of you but what had happened to me is that I had installed Google Desk Top! It really screwed up Firefox! As soon as I did a complete uninstall of Google Desk Top my problem ceased! I now have everything and every page loading properly and fast as ever! If you are using Google Desk Top mixed with Firefox get rid of Google Desk Top! Hope this helps someone! Rivenmaster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.