Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

I just got this new laptop less than two weeks ago. I'm not really computer savy...so please let me know if I'm not giving you guys enough info to help me out. I'm a college student and basically have the computer running all the time. But it's always plugged in...I don't run it off it's battery much at all. I haven't downloaded any new programs or anything. Last night, I was using it to check my email when it just went black. Like it suddenly turned itself off. I got confused and tried to turn it on...but it didn't work. I decided to let it cool down for a while and try later. Still didn't work. Checked to make sure it was plugged in and that the wall circut thingy worked. Still nothing. I have a warrenty/service plan on it...but the nearest Best Buy is kinda far from my school and I don't have transportation. So, I'm hoping that there's something I'm just not doing that can easily be fixed.

Here's info about my computer:

Hewlett-Packard Special Edition Pavilion Notebook with Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 - Radiant Silver - Model: dv1311se

Intel® Celeron® M processor 360 with 400MHz frontside bus, 1MB L2 cache and 1.4GHz processor speed

512MB PC2700 DDR memory for multitasking power, expandable to 2GB

80GB hard drive (4200 rpm)

Windows XP

Really hoping someone out there can help me out. Thanks much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone think this could be a faulty battery or something? I'm really confused and kinda at a loss.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
try unplugging it, remove the battery, plug it back in and see if it loads. If it does, then you might have a battery problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what's up, sorry i can't be of any help, but i have the exact same problem with the same situation. let me know if you find a solution. strange that they would just go out one minute and then nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i think u should test your power pack to see if it is still suppling voltage. you do that by using a multi-meter to test for direct voltage.( or a quick test: "note- it's not a good practice". use a conductor i.e a small wire to connect both positive and negative points of the CONNECTOR HEAD that goes from ur power pack to the power input port @ the back of your laptop. If there is a spark then your power pack is ok. It wont shock you cos it is direct current (DC).) if the power pack is ok then the power input indicator shold ligthup on your laptop. Then at this point if your system doesn't come up when you press the power-on button,then it's a motherboard stress. Even if the battery is fulty, the your system should come up with just external voltage supply from the power pack. Let me know what happened.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
or a quick test: "note- it's not a good practice". use a conductor i.e a small wire to connect both positive and negative points of the CONNECTOR HEAD that goes from ur power pack to the power input port @ the back of your laptop. If there is a spark then your power pack is ok
:4-thatsba :4-thatsba

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.