HELLO,
I've just bought B&W2. My specs are-
WinXP
AMD 1.6GHz
256MB RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4200
80Gb HD
DVD drive etc.
I know that my RAM doesn't meet the min. spec required but is there any way of bypassing directx9.0c so that I can launch the game, since I don't mind if it's a bit slow.

If anyone cn hel I'd be very greateful
Thank you
Huw

·
Registered
462 Posts
well what exactly do you mean by 'bypass directx9.0c'?

anyway, maybe you should consider getting another stick of 256ram? it shouldnt cost very much.

and because i dont know what type of ram you have etc. could you download everest home from http://www.lavalys.com/ and then maybe you can work out exactly what you got and i can help you further, if you don't wanna do this then there is no way you can bypass anything, the game just won't run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
b&w update

hello-
I've updated my ram to 512mb dsram p133 but the game still won't launch. The only spec that is below min req. is my processor- at 1.3GHz. Can anyone help?
thank you
Huw

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I'm afraid that minimun specs are kind of mandatory.

Most games put absolute minimums, for crappy graphics settings, bad sound, etc..., and do not allow much wiggle room.

A difference of 300mhz clock speed is simply too much, and the fact that your video card and ram are at the minimum specs isn't helping very much.

I'm sorry to say that even if the game did run, it wouldn't look very good, and it certainly wouldn't be very playable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.