Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite.. so i got my new computer today and when i started it up the screen was all black and no response, but all fans were going all fine and nothing seemed to be wrong other than no video showing.
ive got MSI 870A-G54, Socket-AM3 ATX, AMD870+SB850, DDR3, 2xPCIe(2.0)x16, SATA 6Gb as a motherboard

and AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core, 2,8GHZ/3,3GHz Turbo, AM3, 9MB, 125W, processor, and ive read that the BIOS verson is not up to date as default to run 6 core processors and that it needs a update, but i dont know how this is doable without any video output, any suggestions?
if not ill just send it back and ask those who assembled this computer for me to update it, as i dont know too much about BIOS and all that.
-Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm, yea.. i guessed that :/
ill probably send it back and get it fixed
just got the computer today, and ive been waiting all week for it, and it kinds sucks to have to wait till monday and thenget it fixed, hehe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it was, and in my opinion it would seem normal that they would test it out before shipping it to be, but that i dont really know.. and it doesnt seem like they did either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
AMI BIOS can be updated from the BIOS BOOT BLOCK without actually booting properly.
Obtain a copy of the BIOS that supports your X6 chip, rename it to AMIBOOT.ROM then copy it to a floppy. (CD support may be available but I'm unsure). Insert the disc. At power off hold down the CTRL & HOME keys and power on the computer. Hold the keys until it beeps. The BIOS BOOT BLOCK should then start searching the media for the BIOS file. After the BIOS is written it should beep a few more times. The computer should be ok to restart. If no PC speaker is available leave it for a good 5 to 10 mins to ensure the write is complete.

I have used this method quite a while ago but the process should be ok.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your answer is very much appreciated, thank you
but its very soon Monday and the support lines open then, so ill give em a call as ive also read that its quite risky to do a BIOS update if youre not so familiar with this kinds of stuff, so ill leave it to them i think.

thanks a lot anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.