Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please help! I have an HP A420N desktop puter and as soon as I try to start it I get a black screen with (error loading OS) and that is all. I have tried starting using F8,F10 & F12 but cannot get it to do anything. Originally it had Win XP as the OS had to instal Win XP Pro aprox 1-1/2 years ago from a friend. It worked fine till aprox. a month 1/2 ago and all of a sudden it came up with the black screen. Is there anything available from somewhere other than HP as they claim it isn't avail. thru them? I cannot afford to buy a new OS or new tower so if I can't find something i'm without a system. For now I am borrowing a laptop from my daughter but it is only temporarily. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Harry
PS, if of any use please contact me via e-mail or post a reply here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Spunk.Funk. thanks for the e-mail and possible fix but I do not have a recovery disc or any way that I can find where to get one. I have gone to HP website and they informed me that they are not available. Is there anywhere or anyone that I can get either a proggy to download to a blank disc as I need to have something I can put into a drive to get to the command prompts? I have tried to press F5,F*,F!) & F12 but cannot get it to go anywhere to get help with this. When I turn on my computer all I get is the black screen with (error loading OS) in the upper left corner.
I do have a laptop available to use to surf the web etc. and I believe it has Win XP SP3 is there anyway to download this to a blank disc. to reinstall it into my HP A420N puter??
Thank You in advance for any info,
Harry:4-dontkno

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.