Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Hello Britt, :wave:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.
The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.
Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would turn it off but I keep having to go through the same thing every time with the black screen at start up or it gets stuck at the windows logo and I have to go through the start up support crap again :(

The only part about the blue screen I copied was 'stop:0x00000101' does that help at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.