Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola!

Well, for the past few weeks my computer has been acting in a way it's never acted before. It all started last month when my PC crashed out of nowhere. The screen went black and the music in the background (was playing a game) was looped. So, I shut it down, started her back up a good 15 minutes later, and everything seemed fine. About 30-60 minutes later she crashed again, this time with a blank pink screen. I've been building computers for some time, I've seen loads of errors, but never a pink screen.

I rebooted, started up the game again, a couple minutes passed, and she crashed again, only this time the screen was cyan.

Gah! Again, she crashed, this time the screen was black with vertical multi-colored lines, almost like a snowy TV. So, I figured this must be the new graphics drivers I just downloaded. So, I booted safe mode, uninstalled the drivers, restarted, loaded up some new ones, everything worked fine.

A day or so later she went black again while playing a game. At this point I'm pulling out all of my hair. I check all connections, jiggled the RAM, made sure the CPU was seated correctly... the cpu? I unhooked the CPU fan and, low and behold, there wasn't much in the way of TIM. I went to my local radio shack, bought some arctic silver 5, slapped some on my freshly cleaned CPU and heatsink, turned the machine on, success!

Or so I thought.

Last night while playing a game my PC went black again. Only this time there wasn't anything I could do to turn it back on. So, in a fit of anger, I yanked out my old motherboard, slapped in another one I had laying around, hooked everything up, still wouldn't turn on. I did end up getting it to turn on (not sure how) but I forgot to enable USB in BIOS and my mouse wasn't working, so I said screw it and went to bed.

This morning I pulled the other motherboard out, put my last one back in, hooked everything up, pushed the power button, nothing. I put my wifes graphics card in, turned it on, and it worked. Odd, to be honest, that this whole time it could be my graphics card was bad. But, no, it can't be, because I pulled my wifes out, put mine back in, and here I am talking to you at this moment. Nothing has crashed; not yet, at least. I did pull out two sticks of RAM, but I'm not sure if that could be the problem, as I've had the RAM in there before and nothing like this has happened.

I'm monitoring my CPU and GPU temperatures, I've defragged my hard drive, reinstalled my graphics drivers, reseated my CPU heat sink many a time, changed out the two dongles on my GPU, and I've done all I can with other drivers and such, but I'm afraid this problem will persist.

I'll post some of the errors I've gotten in the past couple days, they may help determine the problem:

The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 10015 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001D7D0695F4. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
Fips
intelppm
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip

The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:

The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer *edit* that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{C8D50270-74D7-46F5-A1EC. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.
*Note: I've gotten this one many times.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001D7D0695F4. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
*Note: This one I've also gotten many times.

The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz E8400
Now 2gb OCz brand 1066 RAM
Windows XP SP2 32 bit
EVGA GTX 260 core 216
550w power supply
Stock CPU heat sink
7 internal fans, ranging up to 120mm

Currently using graphics drivers version 185.85 from the nvidia website.

I've run several virii and adware/spyware scans, all come up clean.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced, sorry it's so long.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I didnt read whole post, but scanned though most of it. Your trying to
run that system with a 550w power supply? What brand is it, even with
a decent brand, thats streching it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt read whole post, but scanned though most of it. Your trying to
run that system with a 550w power supply? What brand is it, even with
a decent brand, thats streching it.
I believe it is a Rosewill (scared to open the case). It's been so long since I put it in I don't remember exactly.

I've been concerned with the power issue, as of late it's been my thought as to the problem. It feels like switching the dongles, unplugging my cell phone from my surge protector, and fiddling with the cords is what's enabling me to be on it at this point. Also removing two of the four sticks of RAM.

I don't want to consider this the final reason for my problems, as it seems every time I think I've found the solution the problem persists.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.