Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a ASUS U36SD-RX002V laptop and installed a ssd-disk: Samsung SSD 470 Series 128GB. After that the laptop worked fine. Then I installed 2x4GB Corsair Value DDR3 SO-DIMM 1333MHz. When I tried to turn on the laptop i only got a black screen. The power led is on, but i can´t hear any sound from the laptop.

I have tried to replace the original memory with the same result. I have also tried to take out the CMOS battery and replacing it with the same result.

This is the hardware list:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M 2,3 GHz
Chipset: Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
Memory type: SODIMM DDR3 1333MHz
Original memory: 4GB
Maximum memory: 8 GB
Memory sockets: 2
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M (N12P-GV)
Dedicated graphics memory: 1GB DDR3

Does anybody know what the problem is and how to fix it?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Problems with 4GB RAM sticks are not uncommon.
Try booting with one stick at a time.
Your original 4GB of RAM was more than sufficient as no games and few apps can utilize more than 3GB of RAM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to boot with the original RAM stick in the RAM socket that was empty when i bought the laptop. This worked :D

Thank you for the help:)

Do you think this means that the other ram socket is defect? And that if I want to upgrade to 8 GB ram i need to buy a new motherboard?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Try one original RAM stick in each slot. That will tell you if the Mobo slot is a problem.
Why do you want 8GB of RAM? No games and few apps can utilize more than 3GB of RAM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the same problem (asus u36sd), I tried to put in 4 gig extra, but the computer did not recognize it, so I took it out. But now my screen is just black when I try to boot the notebook. I have tried the original ram in both slots, over and over again..Nothing seems to work. Asus support cant help me. What should I do?

Thanks

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
@ Harale
Try clearing the CMOS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@ Harale
Try clearing the CMOS.
Ok, but I rly dont know how to do that on this laptop, the only thing I can enter easy is the memory (just remove one screw and flip the cap), everything elese is coverd..

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
It doesn't appear the ram is in the slot to me.
Push down and in when installing.
I am pushing down and in, and I hear a "click", its sitting hard and thight...I tried both slots.

I agree its looks like the ram is not in the slot, but I cant push it more inn...

another pic from the other slot

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not fully in the slot, usually the alignment lug fills the notch in the ram stick.

Here's an image from a Dell I have apart at monent.

WOW!!!! its working!!! I rly dont know how to thank you! :grin:
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.