Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i don't know if this is the right forum, i think the issue is actually the lcd screen on my laptop (lenovo 3000 n100). i seem to keep having issues w/ my monitor, and under my warranty i have had the screen replaced twice already and it seems to remedy the issue initially (if the issue has not already spontaneously resolved before repair) but then weeks later something else goes wrong. last time the screen flashed black and then came back w/ 6 copies ( 2x3 ) of my screen overlapping each other. this spontaneously resolved and when the tech guy came to replace the monitor he tried pc dr and everything tested normal. he replaced the screen anyway.

the latest malfunction is that i was typing an email and all of a sudden the monitor looks funny. i go to pc dr and do a monitor test and when it tests the varying colors: black appears red, and white appears light blue. the odd thing about the white, is that most white appeared light blue but certain areas of certain webpages still looked white. in addition areas on webpages that were supposed to be homogeneous in color had horizontal stripes of varying widths (the stripes did not appear on the pc dr monitor test).

i tried updating the driver for my display adaptor: nvidia GeForce go 7300, but when i try to run the exe file it gives me an error and when i browse for the folder in "update drivers" it can't be found. now it's been three days and magically the screen is back to normal.

anyone have any idea what could be going on? i've never had so many issues w/ a laptop monitor, is it a lenovo thing? is it a monitor or a display adaptor issue or something else?

thanks,
-j

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.