Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, system specs

Windows XP
Nvidia GForce 6600 GT - 128mb
1 gig ram
AMB Athlon 64bit 3500 - 2.21GHz
Have all recent updates for video cards and audio cards, updated right before this post, symptoms still the same.
Have Directx 9.0c

Settings for in-game graphics - as low as possible

Second, minimum requirements for the game:

* OS - Windows 2000/XP
* Processor - Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent 1.6 GHz
* Memory - 512MB RAM
* Hard Drive - 3.5GB
* DVD-ROM - 8 SPEED (PC CD-ROM version also available in USA)
* Video Card - 64MB with 1.1 Pixel Shader*
* Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
* DirectX - Version 9.0c
* Input - Keyboard, mouse

* Black&White 2 requires a 64MB video card with 1.1 Pixel Shader support. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti series, GeForce FX series, GeForce 6200 or greater; ATI Radeon 8500 or greater, ATI Radeon X300 or greater. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card.
(from Black and White 2 Files)

Problems:

Game slows down considerably when first introduced to pets. But, if I minimize the game the maximize it again, all is normal. Game continues to slow down during large scale fights or when larger cities are present, and these slow-downs can be, for the most part, fixed by minimizing. However, there are certain instances where there's just no fixing it. Like when the volcanoes appear in the Aztec Invastion scene, and in the next world when my city gets larger.
I feel I'm not getting what I should be getting out of this game, performance-wise. Everything is running at best at 40 fps, at worst (the majority of the time) less than 5. So needless to say, it's nearly unplayable.
Is there something wrong with my hardware? Something wrong with my drivers? Is this something that I can fix? Help!

I should add, the game also slows down whenever the advisors appear.

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
Try this - it's actually for the 6800, but it may well work for your graphics card too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.