Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this error message at bootup:
"Scandisk can not read from the last cluster on Drice C.This cluster is either damaged,or your system is not configured propoerly.Drice C need to have Logical Block Addressing(LBA) enebled to work properly.or its disk partitioning may be incorrectly marked as a non LBA partition.Check your BIOS".
That happened after I format my HD.I checked the Partition Windows,and it shows that both DOS and Logical partitions are active.Also it shows a FAT 16,not FAT 32.I have a 2.3 gb HD.This is a PACKARD BELL computer,and I can not enter the BIOS.,I tried everything:F2,F8,F10,all the function keys.Tried CTRL+ALT+DEL,DELETE,..ect..ect.Nothing.Can you help?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hi Gerard, sorry to hear about your packard bell. Unfortunately I have had the pleasure of working on a few and I can say an old PB166 was the first and only computer I gave up on and parted it out. Everything I read about the bios says F1, but I remember differently. I seem to remember a combo of 3 keys involving alt, esc, and an F key. I'm checking now with the only other person I know that still owns one. I remember once the bios was open though, it didn't seem to have any advanced options. Hope that's not the case..................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.