Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I recently bought a Sapphire X800 Pro (AGP) and it does notload windows
I've bought a new power supply to make sure that wasnt the problem.
Could the problem be the bios isnt updated??
I have a asus p4c800-e deluxe

On the sapphire website it give instructions on how to update the bois but there pretty confusing

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/driverfiles/172.txt

can anyone help me out??
Thanks alot

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
There are two other methods depending on your mobo / you will have either aflash or afudos>>>> for your P4C800-E

both of those work in DOS / they both are the champs of bios flashing / they both back-up your old copy of your bios and they almost never fail to complete a flash !!!!! cant say that for EZ-Bios or Live Update !!!!

the only draw back to the DOS bios utilities versions (aflash & afudos) is the lack of DOS in Win xp & win 2000

but thats easily corrected by downloading DRDFLASH from bootdisk.com

its the second item on that webpage "driverless bios flashing"

download the drdflash / then go to the location you downloaded it to / put in a floppy disk / then click on drdflash icon in the downloaded location on your computer / it will prepare the floppy for a DOS boot

then you will need to go to your mobo website / download the newest DOS bios utility that works for your mobo (check your manual ) it should be either aflash or afudos (for the P4C800-E it will be afudos version 2.26)

you will then copy the bios utility (afudos) to your prepared DRDFLASH prepared floppy disk

then you will need to download the newest bios file for your mobo

copy the newest version to the prepared floppy

dont copy over a zipped bios or any folders you may have put the bios file in / just copy the "extracted" bios file to the prepared floppy disk

then put the floppy disk with all files copied in your floppy drive and reboot (you will need to make sure your computer bios are set to boot from the floppy drive first ) boot order

when you restart the computer with the prepared DRDFLASH disk it will boot to an A: prompt then you will have to type the command that is outlined in your mobo manual for your utility version Pay close attention to the command you must type from your motherboard manual, note the existence of spaces in the typing and also there is a difference between / & \

the rest is DAMN easy / just follow the prompts from within the bios flashing utility !!!!! its fool proof at that point

if you have any questions / just come back and ask This sounds confusing; but if you print it out and just follow it step by step like a cooking recipe; you will have no problems.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
No need to update bios. Make sure card is socked in tight. Make sure
extra power dongle is plugged into video card. Your power supply may
be lacking. Just because a psu claims to be a 700watt doesnt mean
that it actually is.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought an antec 450w power supply
I just realized that windows boots up
i hear it starting from the speakers the problem is i see no video

I just finished updating my bois and im kinda regretting i did...
whenever i open my pc it tells me overclocking failed "press f1 to go to settings and f2 to load defult options" i've never overclocked...
and................. my internet isnt working anymore it doesnt show my connection
i used the alt f2 option i think thats the ez bois on :S

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i've solved the problem, :D i cant believe i found the old bios on a website so easily thanks again guys

now the problem with my new videocard, could it be the mobo that is causing it??

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I have sold hordes of those boards and its brother the P4P800-E Dlx and I did not get really stable systems until I started using 550 watt PSU's

and the video cards we were using then (ati 9800pro) were not the power hog that the X800 series is!

food for thought

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol alright, im gonna go tomorrow to microbytes and return that antec 450W Power supply and get the 550W one they had for 50$ more

thanks, you think this would solve my videocard problem??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.