Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Operating System - XP - Motherboard is K8V-X SE socket 754 with AMD 64 3000+
I just recently upgraded the ram from 1024 to 2048 the max the motherboard can handle (2 sticks DDR400 dual channel), and the Video Card from a PowerColor Radeon 9550 256 AGP to a VisionTek Radeon X1650PRO 512 AGP because I all of a suddedn started having some problems with online gaming. The upgrade seemed to fix the problem I was having with the online gaming for a day and then the computer started shutting off by itself. I went into the BIOS to make sure that everything was as it should be, but I can not say for sure if I may have changed something...it is possible. Now when I boot up I can not get into windows at all and I can not even get into the BIOS. The message I get when I boot up says "BIOS checksum. Starting BIOS Recovery" I put the ASUS chipset support CD in and it says something about cart erasing then cart programing, then when it is done it says to "Please turn off your system and power on again to get system back". I do this and it just does the same thing all over again. Does anyone know what is going on? Please help. It appears that all other hardware is functioning properly and that the problem is in the BIOS or a mismatch in clockspeeds or something that got me to this point.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try Downloading a upgraded BIOS from your pals house or something and save to a floppy,
insert the floppy and turn on the computer, It should check for CD, then say CD not found...
Checking Floppy or Drive A: or whatever its labelled etc.

Let it upgrade with the upgraded BIOS and get to me when you are done

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
review your motherboard manual for a step by step guide how to flash the bios >>>> use the floppy disk method

keep us posted with your progress

BTW: I'll bet you will need a bigger/better power supply,,,,,,,, what is the make and model of the one you have now ???????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.