Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im fiddling with the bios, taking my cpu frequency up by 10, saving and exiting, rebooting to see if it worked, then repeating. Normaly when i get it too high and it cant boot, it just fails 2 or 3 times then loads the default bios, thats what its always done before anyway... Only this time no matter how many times i reboot, i get nothing but a blank screen. That and the normal whirring from inside my pc, but none of the beeps and clicking youd get if all was as it normaly is. Any ideas what i can do? Seems a little impossible seeing as i cant actualy do anything with it...

BTW my PC specs are as follows:

ASROCK K8 Upgrade 760GX motherboard
AMD Sempron 2600+
512mb DDR ram running at 200mhz
256mb radeon X800XL (AGP8X)
80gb Hard drive
Windows XP and SUSE Linux (using SUSEs default boot menu)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Blond_One
Try clearing the CMOS. You do this by unplugging the power cord and shorting the cmos jumper on your MB. You'll have to look in your manual as to where that is. Another alternate method is to unplug the power cord and remove the motherboard battery for about 30 minutes. The restart.

Sounds like you are reaching the upper limits of OCing. You might want to back off a couple steps from your peak OC and test for stability. Try googling for your MB name and model # and 'overclock' to see what others are doing to maximize performance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
_

What exactly do you mean by 'short'? Il try taking out the CMOS battery now, thanks in advance if it works, youl be a lifesaver.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
CLEAR CMOS DATA

Switch off the power supply unit or pull off the power cord. There is a CMOS jumper near the battery. Change the jumper position from default 1-2 to 2-3 for one minute to discharge the CMOS data, check your motherboard for the correct pin numbers, and then put it back to default 1-2. Switch on the power supply unit or pull in the power cord. Press the power-on button to boot up system. If it works, hit "Del" key to enter the BIOS setup page to do correct settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.