Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
my system: [email protected] + 9250 pci both sapphire
i've recently tried to flash 9800pro bios again but it was the first time i tried it with 2 videocards installed and i've probably did some mistake with both bios, now just the 9800pro works,,, when the system find the 9250(now disabled in safe mode) all monitors become black.i must turn off system. how can i dump and flash the pci card bios and where i can find the original bios?
please help me

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I didn't see an exact match but there are large video BIOS collections here and here. Sapphire's card is probably just a standard 9250 so you can probably substitute another brand's BIOS. If you can't find anything there then you can try posting on various forums and see if you can get somebody to dump their's and email it to you. They can use ATIFlash to backup the BIOS as shown here using the -s switch. By the way, this is a thorough BIOS flashing guide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty sir! pci or agp version bus use the same version bios? and i need a 64bits/128Mb version bios... i cant find it. and i dont know the way to flash just the pci card. this is a big problem cause if i use that video card like primary(set by bios) nothing came displayed. i used "flashrd namebios"command line to flash it, maybe i must do it again with a 9250 bios? sorry 4 english. bye

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Video BIOSs have to match the video card exactly including card version of make and speed of video RAM or you can have problems. I've always assumed an AGP BIOS wouldn't work with a PCI card but I've never actually tried it. I was going to suggest that you ask sapphire to email you the BIOS but I saw on their forum that you've already done that. Hopefully they'll just send you the one you need. I haven't been able to find one by searching.

Regarding how to select which video card to flash: download the latest version of ATIFlash from the bottom of this page. Then run ATIFlash from DOS with no parameters and it will display a list of its parameters.

You can run ATIFlash with the "-i" switch and no number to display the video cards. Then I'd use the "-s" switch first on both video cards to make backups of your video BIOSs before doing any flashing in case another accident occurs. Then run ATIFlash with the "-p" switch and use the number of the correct video card to flash only its BIOS and leave the other BIOS alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ty very much Macro, u perfectly understood what i needed. so now, i can flash the 9250 without removing the agpcard.

now i saved both bios and i saw both cards have the same bios but the first is probably corrupted,(it makes Rabit crash sometimes). therefore it's like i imagined, i used "flashrd.exe" in "semi-auto mode" and didnt care about selecting card, and the 9250 cant run with a 9800 bios.lol what n00b i am!

i believe it's very little probably someone with that card can read this Thread so Sapphire HELP ME please!
i am waiting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.