Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I've got a PCCHIPS M530 board (no, not mine) with a password set on the BIOS. There is no jumper or battery on this board to clear it, and boot order is c: then a: so I can't boot from floppy. Anybody got any ideas (short of chunking the board)?
Thanks,
MT

·
hey
10,189 Posts
I found a program called KillCmos which will clear the cmos for you. I thought i had the program over at thetechhandbook.com but it looks like I don't. I can either e-mail you at work tomorrow or you can search for it yourself.

·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, pal! If I cant find it I'll PM you about it!
MT

·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I finally found the tiny jumper to clear CMOS and got it cleared! Boy was it hard to find!
MT

·
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure! Just let me know where it is!
MT

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Well right now it is on at my desk at work. I'll send myself a e-mail to post it for you. BTW, some virus programs will pick it up as a virus sense it erases your bios settings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
dumb, useless knowledge, 2 me n e way

i may not have n e certs, and i may b young, but somebody put a cmos password on me once, just pull out the motherboard's battery for a day

worked 4 me, or u could use ur fancy programs

=~D

·
Registered
2 Posts
help!

I bought a noteebook Compaq LTE 5100 and my kid play with it entered in Bios, and put a password, and naw i can not accees my computer, even if I disconeect the bios batery for 12 hours, the same message appear: ENTER PASSWORD, and undeer it OK, into a smoll window.
Please someone HELP ME !!!!!!!!
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.