Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am newbie here, my prob is i want format my pc but suddently i cant boot up by cd when i set it in bios.of course the cd is bootable.my bad day is start when i try to format my computer.my pc is suddntly shutdown while formatting is still in progress .then after that i try to format it again and set the boot by cd in my bios,but unfortunately it cant recognize my cd n keep give the error msg "boot failure insert system n press enter" .for ur info my cd rom n also cd is in the good condition,i already tested it on my friend's pc..so anybody can solve this?please...
my pc spec..
mobo :ms 6368 version 5
bios :award modular bios v6.00PG

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Did you go into the Bios and make sure in the boot menu your boot order was set to:

cdrom - 1st
Floppy - 2nd (if any)
Hard Drive - 3rd

Then, migrate in that bios to the boot menu and make sure the drive you are installing in is listed FIRST in the Hard Drive Priority (may be worded differently)

Save and exit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first of all i think my hd is totally clean up when it interrupted while formatting process, so i think the bios will send me boot failure if it suddently go to my hard drive?am i right?if not please tell me, n then i use and have dvd rom in my pc n unfortunately in my bios there is no option to boot up[ from dvd rom,it just has cd rom. so is it possible to me if i set cd rom in my bios while i use dvd rom? this is the first thing i want to know from u sir..oh for your question,i already did all the boot sequence tht u told me,but still got the same re3sult..thnks for reply

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tumbleweed36,
i cant even open the windows so how im gonna used the software given...when i set HDO for the 1st order in my bios, my pc says "BOOT FAILURE,INSTALL THE SYSTEM AND PRESS ENTER"

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Tumbleweed36,
i cant even open the windows so how im gonna used the software given...when i set HDO for the 1st order in my bios, my pc says "BOOT FAILURE,INSTALL THE SYSTEM AND PRESS ENTER"
You received that error because tyou have the Hdd set to First Boot Device and there is nothing (no operating system) on the Hdd to boot from.

·
Registered
71 Posts
mie333,
do you have the original tools disk that came with your HDD? if not, windows is gonna be "cranky" and not want to cooperate too well. Also, how much memory do you currently have in this comp? Make sure you have enough to actually run win 7. Idf the system requirements aren't met, it will not install for you. let us know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mie333,
do you have the original tools disk that came with your HDD? if not, windows is gonna be "cranky" and not want to cooperate too well. Also, how much memory do you currently have in this comp? Make sure you have enough to actually run win 7. Idf the system requirements aren't met, it will not install for you. let us know.

no, i didnt mean this prob happen on my newly pc tht running windw 7,the prob that i state here is happen to my older pc,it running wndw xp n i want to frmat it with wndw xp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You received that error because tyou have the Hdd set to First Boot Device and there is nothing (no operating system) on the Hdd to boot from.
as i mention bfore,i already set cd rom on my first boot order, i already know well n cmpletely how to format and how to set the boot order,,tht why i post the prob here, i want to know why my system not follow my boot order,why this happen n how to solve it.ok.all the simple thing that u ask n gave, i already check for many time n mke sure completely bfore i post this problem,rght now i just think my bios is misconfigured by itself tht why when i set cd rom for the FIRST ORDER,it just always go to my hdd n give the error msg.so i want to know how to solve it in order to make my system boot by cd (n OFF COURSE I ALREADY SET MY CD IN THE FIRST ORDER IN MY BIOS),hope u understand.k :smile:

·
Registered
71 Posts
orig. xp home ed. disk i take it, i had the same problem and it is no easy fix, even with a new hdd, ur using an old hdd. for some strange reason, xp doesn't like to format right off the bat, an original install it works great, but any other installs from it, the software throws a hissy fit, eventually you'll get it to format, but you know xp only recognizes 137GB, and for me when i did get it to format, it would only allow it to format 40GB, and this might help, my original install was on a 40GB hdd the first time, if yours, will not format to what you require, try the first install you did with that disk for that size hdd, part out the rest. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, have not seen a Conner drive for years and years...... hope it is still good. What I would do is use something like Kill Disk to completely wipe off that old drive.

An excellent program you can use is called Active-Kill-Disk-Hard-Drive-Eraser. This is also an excellent program IMHO.

When you get it wiped, you have to partition and format the drive.
sorry , how can i use tht softwre if i cant go to my wndw directly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mie333, if you are using more than 1GB of mem, remove the mem sticks and only have 1GB in the mem slot(s) and then give that a shot
:grin: i just use 512m ram, n as i mntion bfore for the 1st time i frmt,it can go to my cd n formting smoothly n smething happen n my pc shut down by itself, n after tht when i try boot it again by cd, it cant go to my cd but go directly to my hd(n of course i already set the cd rom in 1st order on my bios)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.