Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mkay, well I just built a new computer, and everything seems to be running absolutely swimmingly so far. However, I have one little issue. When I start up my computer, it displays a splash screen, then it almost immediately goes to starting Windows. Isn't it supposed to show an option to enter BIOS? What would I have to do to get it to go into BIOS?

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Depends on the board, but tapping the delete key at the splash screen should get you there. Most splash screens will say press "whatever" to enter setup, that would be the key you need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it doesn't even display text. It gives me 2 (blank) lines, and that's about it.
What's more is that the PC's pretty much great. it's just that I really was looking to overclocking it.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
What's the motherboard? The manual should have instructions for entering the bios. Try holding down the delete key when you press the power button, keep on holding it down and see if it goes to the bios. Retail motherboards are mostly delete, OEM built are f2, f1, f10, things like that.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
By chance are you using an LCD? Sometimes switching resolutions during the POST phase gets "covered up" by the LCD monitor having to change resolution mode so you may miss the initial screens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya know what, the solution was so ridiculously simple that I'm embarrassed to say it.

I had my keyboard plugged into a USB hub. Duh.

Well, now I'm happily overclocked and everything (3.4~3.8 GHz :] )

Thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.