Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my laptop is acer aspire 5520, it worked fine until 2 week ago the optical drive start missing, the sistem, device manager and bios not see him, i install windows 7 from usb flash, still optical drive missing, and today after i install direct x 10, i restart and... nothing, the bios is not starting, i hear the cooling fan , i see the light of power turn on, the screen is black, and after 6 seconds it restart again, and keep doing this cycle again and again,:eek: i have to remove the battery to stop it:upset:. i dont know what to do, how can i restore the bios to work again? :4-dontkno please help. thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, my laptop is acer aspire 5520, it worked fine until 2 week ago the optical drive start missing, the sistem, device manager and bios not see him, i install windows 7 from usb flash, still optical drive missing, and today after i install direct x 10, i restart and... nothing, the bios is not starting, i hear the cooling fan , i see the light of power turn on, the screen is black, and after 6 seconds it restart again, and keep doing this cycle again and again,:eek: i have to remove the battery to stop it:upset:. i dont know what to do, how can i restore the bios to work again? :4-dontkno please help. thanks.
hi mihaismail, we have the same problem! also we have the same laptop model! I tried removing the HDD and it seems that the behavior is the same. I tried removing the two-1GB RAMs, cleaned it, then reattached, power on again and still no sign of life. Seems like the problem is the system keeps on force reset just like you are pressing hold on the power button. and it is occurring the moment you press the power button. No way to stop such behavior until you manually remove the battery pack. Can anyone help us here? This is actually my girlfriend's laptop, she surely will be proud of me if I will have this fixed. Help us brothers and sisters.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Try removing the optical drive and see if it will boot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try removing the optical drive and see if it will boot.
thanks for the reply Tyree, I've come across these topics, could this be related? see the links below..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210/acer-aspire-7520-repeats-going-and-off-343165.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108/acer-7520-vista-laptop-will-not-start-420943.html

I am experiencing this exact scenario (on the link) but I am thinking if its applicable on my laptop, considering its a different model of acer aspire?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i manage to start the bios, i left the laptop 2 hours with the battery of, and ac power not plug in, then put only the ac power, push the power button and keep it for 30 seconds, but not always go this way. i tried to remove the optical drive and start, but no success, i change the memory ram between them, or used only one of each, no success, so it starts only if i have luck, i am afraid to torn it off:sigh:, i think now is not from the bios these problem ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.