Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 250gb hard drive a while ago, and it was only showing up as 127gb. I just left it alone, but I finally got around to wiping off everything and reformatting. I installed SP2 and it still didn't let me see the rest of the drive. Now I figured it must be that the BIOS is old. So I went on Intel's website and downloaded their BIOS update thing and ran it. When it restarted the computer it now comes up with a "CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad" Error. I know it's not the CMOS Battery. It gives me the option of hitting F12 to boot into the network or F1 to go into setup. Pressing F12 does nothing.

After going into the setup and exiting out of it, the screen goes on to say this:
""Intel Boot Agent Versoin 4.0.19
Intel Base-Code, PXE-2.1 (build 083)

Then it lists my MAC Address, my GUID, and then it says
PXE-E53: No boot filename received

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM
Boot Failure: System Halted"

And it just hangs there and doesn't do anything. Someone please help me here, as I'm driving myself crazy trying to fix this. Info for my board can be found here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845pt/

:5-censore

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I suggest you go to ebay and do a search for "bios chip" then look through several of the vendors until you come to one name "Angelib" I have used him many times, he is very good to communicate with and very fast shipper. cost is about $10.00 to $15.00

You can buy a new bios chip flashed with the most recent bios revision for your board without any hassle.

dotn hesitate to ask more questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.