Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bios is award 6.0 and motherboard shuttle ak12 ver 3.0
I am currently using win xp pro and under "advance pc info" I was browsing my error log and recieved the below pasted message:

"
AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Saturday, July 13, 2002 ACPI AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Saturday, July 13, 2002 ACPI AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0x70), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Saturday, July 13, 2002 ACPI AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x71), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Sunday, July 14, 2002 ACPI AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
" (anyone know what step I could take to correct the problem?)

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Hi Kevin. Welcome to the TSF.

I have seen this once before. What I found out is that these errors will occur with XP and an older BIOS. Something to do with the way a bios is programmed. The Shuttle ak12 is a older motherboard and has been discontinued. This last BIOS they have for it is from June 2001 and I doubt they are going to release an update for it. You can ensure you BIOS is the latest version but beyond that the best I can say for now is that if you are noticing no problems with your system then just ignore these errors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks I will give it a shot.... I am not really having any problems as of now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a real treat with this error (I think its due to this error). My computer is restarting unexpedtly automatically once I start it for the first time of a day.. (like lets say in the morning). The only errors I see are the errors mentionned above. Can someone assist me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.