1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my system specs:

A7V266-E
AMD T-BIRD 1.4 @ 1.5
QUANTUM FIREBALL PLUS AS30
WINDOWS 2000 PRO
GF3 TI500

For some odd reason, most of the time when my PC boot up, it cant recognize my hard drive. So I would have to shut the PC down and wait for atleast 3hrs than turn it back on for it to work. Some time I have to wait for a whole day. I'd tried every bios available to my mother board. I'd try clearning the CMOS bunch of time. I even tried reinstalling windows 2000 for couple of times now. But the problem still exsist. My mother board have an on board Promise PDC20265R ATA100/RAID chip. I cant uninstall it because every time the PC work, it would always ask me to install a driver for it. So rite now I have the driver install, but I disable it. I'm also not runnning any Raid at all. I dont think that i need to enable the PDC20265R, because I'm not running Raid, just regular ATA100. Please help me. I dont know what I'm doin wrong.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I hate to suggest the obvious, but could it be that the HD is dying? The fact that you have to wait an extended period of time seems to indicate it's a hardware issue...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.