Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My story.

Pc was rebooting itself upon desktop loading for about 2 weeks prior to "fatal error message", flashing to black and back again before reboot. Blue screens of death occuring. Eventually PC wouldnt load desktop but display a:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I attempted a repair but there was no option to through Windows CD, so tried through DOS console to no success, I did not format the drive.
I attempted a Chkdsk, found many errors. Partition holding my stuff was displaying as
245103672 bytes total disk space and 218920552 bytes available which would mean an empty disk which is not the case as a installation exists on the HD.

Upon reboot desktop almost loaded but displayed:
"Isass.exe -system error" Security accounts manager failed. A device attached to the system is not functioning check event log in safe mode.

Removed the borked HD Purchased another small Sata HD installed XP onto it (latest drivers, Gpu drivers, sound drivers e.t.c), put the borked one onto my mobo extracted my valuable files from borked > working. Rebooted, the clean new HD booted to desktop where "rapid beeping and scratching noises" where eminating from the speakers and there were feint white vertical lines going down the center of the screen???. Blue screens also.

Did a chkdsk, memtest, sector scan, error check, defrag. The pc now reboots itself upon random when checking web pages, when in a 3D app e.t.c Whats the culprit that corrupted my HD and is now screwing my new HD up? Mobo? driver? hmm. Cleaned dust out of everything. Re-seated CPU with new thermal paste. Temps are fine.

Appreciate any help guys. Thanks.
2.6GHZ Athlon 64, 1GB 3200, 150GB sata generic drive, 6800GS Nvidia.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive been ignoring the problem but i cant anymore.
there are feint black vertical lines running down the screen now about 3 or 4 of them across the screen.

the pc locks up at random and produces screeching and beeping noises from the speakers before so.

there are blue screens with driver exception errors and also error messages .

whats going on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.