Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. My friend did a partition to his hard drive in his laptop but the size distribution is not what he wanted. He asked me to do it for him, so I got Norton Partition Magic to do a “Resize partition”. The C: drive has 26Gb and the D: drive has 40+ Gb. He wanted to increase D to 50 so I had to reduce C to 16. After setting Partition magic to do it, it asked me to reboot in order to make the changes. I had an error message which unfortunately I don’t recall, and ask me to reboot. Since then, the computer doesn’t work…. At the windows XP logo it boots up… It doesn’t boot on Safe Mode…. I try Norton Ghost to see if I could get somewhere. I was able to boot up using Ghost but when I run a test on the C drive, I get “The volume does not contain a recognized file system” I don’t know what else to do. Please help! :4-dontkno

·
Registered
25,116 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I'll try the link and I let you know how it goes... and yes.. I didn't do a back up... :upset: Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your help. Partition Table Doctor fixed the problem with C partition. The problem know is that when it asked me to restart the PC, the SONY RECOVERY CONSOLE boot up saying there where damages on the hard drive that had to be fix. It did all its work and Windows did load up, but all the information that I had on the C drive is lost..??? Is there any way to recover it? (Mp3 and photos in My Documents) Thank you, again!

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
when you activate manufactured PC's recovery software it will "restore" the system to the way it was when the PC was new and fresh out of the box.

The only way I know to regain your data is

getdataback recovery software

www.runtime.org

they too have a demo version to test the abilities of the software before you buy.

once you recover your documents , dont do anything until we discuss your situtation and develop a way to finalize your problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello linderman. I was not able to recover the files that I was looking for. The program works great but I couldn't find the files. Maybe because I restarted the PC a couple of times. :4-dontkno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.