Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now this may not be a repairable problem, it could be drivers or somethin, could just be my sound.
but when im playing bf2, generally on ventrilo with my clan, and someone comes around the corner guns blazing i get this terrible lag, if i keep the fps up in the corner im still getting around 60, yet my cursor gets less than 1.
im assuming its a sound problem after i fooled with my settings forever.
i only have an integrated ac97 which would probly be overloaded by afew people talking on ventrilo.
the driver it runs on is some noname thing that came off my dell cd, it doesnt seem to be as connected as a creative driver or a nvidia driver. Since its just integrated im assuming my only solution would be to buy a audigy 2 or something. If that is the case, what sound card can i get for cheap that is able to process alot of sounds at once without lag. i can live with this, its not that bad, but im curious what you guys think of sound cards.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Before you go spending any money, try turning off all sound in the game to see if the problem is reduced. There have been a few posts recently about BF2. Do a search in the Games section to see if there are any possible solutions.

Most soundcards, even cheap ones, will give better results than onboard AC97, but don't rule out other possibilities like mouse/graphics/sound drivers, RAM, AGP settings, Ventrilo etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my ventrilo server is set to 44khz which is... maximum, but i cant control that, anyway thanks ill check that stuff, i got a geforce 6200 and i get 60 fps on low bf2 settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.