Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent my friend BF2 for his birthday. :sayyes: He installs it no problem, and tries to play it, it loads a Black Screen, (Like it does for me, and everyone else) but goes right back to desktop. No errors, nothing, nada.

I decided that maybe he just needed an update? I sent him patch 1.03. It's done patching, and still the same thing.

We looked up his video card, under Device Manager, for his Display Adapter, he has an Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller. Does that mean anything? I can't tell how good that is, or what it is. =/

He meets requirements for everything else. His processor speed is above 2.0 GHz, and nice and cooled too, can't figure out the problem.

Any help is well appreciated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hmm hmm hmm..... try uninstalling battlefield 2 and then installing again.
that happend to me before...
if that doesent help. then
look on the bf2 folder.
and see if everything is how it is suppose to be.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we've figured it out. His display memory is 64, but requires 128. Oopsie. Thanks for replying Kyshen.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Intel graphics controller will not play BF2. That is "onboard" graphics! He will need to get a video card! No lower than a FX5500 128MB card!

·
Registered
47 Posts
yea i had the same problem but i got a new video card and it took right off now i cant get my special forces to work it says i have an older version and i cant find the update i need

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.