Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, basically i have just bought a new LCD tv that i can link my pc up to however as i'll only really be using this tv for gaming through my pc alot of the time i will be using my standard monitor. Now all i have at the moment is a VGA cable that i keep having to switch back and forth between monitors which i dont want to keep having to do so my question is what is the best way to connect both the monitors at the same time please?? I only have 1 vga slot and a dvi slot (not sure that's relevant or not though)

Any help is appreciated as always :wave:

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If your graphics card has both VGA and DVI ports, can't you use the VGA for your monitor and the DVI for the LCD TV or vice-verca? There are VGA-DVI adapters available if you need one, they're very cheap and easy to fit. Alternatively, you could use a DVI KVM switch. Examples: http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-33586-448352.html

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thankyou after doing a bit more research on this i bought a DVI-HDMI cable however when using it with my LCD it is extremely hard to get it to fill the screen correctly, it's all enlarged and strange, and unlike if i used the VGA port of the tv which has a 'auto-adjust' feature when using the HDMI slot it doesn't.

So that said i think now i'm just gonna get a DVI-VGA cable like you said instead I've heard that really there isn't a massive amount of difference between digital and analog with a computer anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so i got the cable today and everything is all good except now in the nvidia control panel i don't have the option for 'dual-view'.

Basically all i can do is use singke display, clone, or horizontal or vertical span which both just look too weird imo

How come i could use dual-view with a digital and analog connection but now not with it connected to 2 analog sources?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.