Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dell dimension l566cx, and although im not sure of the motherboard type... i know i have a pentium III cpu that uses the 370 socket.
anyway, im tryin to upgrade the cpu, to get the fastest, most powerful cpu that i could possibly plug in to my computer.
im a n00b, and although ive been trying to find them by myself, im not having any luck, so i turn to you guys for help.
thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pentium III 1GHZ
i know i could buy newer pc with xp n everything cheap that would perform much better,
however there are two factors here, one, i dont have the money to get a new comp just yet, and i figure i could find a new/refurbished processor for mine cheap,
and two, im kinda using this computer as a "protoype" i spose, to learn the basics of the internals of a computer and get myself used to the parts and peices and what all goes into upgrading or building a computer.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
VERY few bios supported the 1.4ghz most P3 bios ended support at 1GHZ

if you give us your motherboard make and model we can answer this question for sure

use this program to identify your motherboard and bios revision

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AHA
and here you are
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
1000 megahertz Intel Pentium III
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation CA810E AAA01025-309
Serial Number: 0007157X1246109K018B
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. A08 10/19/2000

and the rest of it all
C:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp\(Project d).html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate to sound repetitive, but... are there any OTHER processors that might fit my mobo, but would be faster than 1.4?

·
Banned
102 Posts
I have a dell dimension l566cx, and although im not sure of the motherboard type... i know i have a pentium III cpu that uses the 370 socket.
anyway, im tryin to upgrade the cpu, to get the fastest, most powerful cpu that i could possibly plug in to my computer.
im a n00b, and although ive been trying to find them by myself, im not having any luck, so i turn to you guys for help.
thanks!
You'll need the FSB. Probably the best one is the Celeron 1.2...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.